Right Arrow or
- Speaker notes:
Alt + Click
- PDF Export:
What are data observatories?
Do it Smarter
- They usually do not exchange standard data with statistical agencies, they are not synchronized on knowledge graphs of the Europeana or national libraries, and their research output is usually not to be found on open science repositories.
- The Hague is the winner of the World Smart City Award 2021, and we would like to attract the planned European Music Observatory and other, EU/UNESCO recognized institutions into the town building on the innovations of Reprex and the ecosystem of the Hague.
Digital Music Observatory
Listen Local in Horizon Europe OpenMuse WP Diversity, Creative Europe MusicAIRE: connected and curated data on 10,000s of music works
- Our aim is to describe the entire, currently legally available music repertoire of Slovakia and Lithuania at first, and a large part of Ukraine.
- Connected with name authorities, web services.
- Connect national collective management organization, national library, and various services (Spotify, YouTube) to make the national repertoire more visible
- Create use statistics for cultural diversity policies and monitoring local content regulations
- Provide best practice example and open source tools for replication
Creative and Cultural Sectors Industries Data Observatory
- The CCSI Data Observatory already has some data assets on Zenodo, and we can upgrade its API (both as Rest API with datacube and with a simple RDF serialization)
- Create use statistics for cultural heritage objects and other cultural heritage policy data
- Revisit some modest deliverables of RECREO and seek new funding.
Green Deal Data Observatory
- The Green Deal Data Observatory is currently developed to provide free or very accessible environmental, social and governance reporting tools to the cultural sector.
- It could also be used to provide ecological context to cultural heritage objects (CHO) for greater awareness.